Development of tools for the specification, analysis and verification of complex systems (e.g., biochemical systems, financial systems, programming languages, software applications).
- Programming languages: Types, Semantics, Security.
- Rewrite-based computation models: term and graph rewriting, lambda-calculus, interaction nets.
Current and recent projects
- Axiomatic modelling of obligations for privacy enforcement, London Mathematical Society
- Matching Algorithms, with Rangewell and TapSW, funded by Innovate UK.
- Dynamic Access Control, funded by EOARD and University of Texas
- PORGY - Interactive Analysis and Visualisation of Port Graph Rewriting Systems, with INRIA and University of Bordeaux.
- Dependent types for nominal terms, Royal Society International Joint Project (with University ORT Uruguay).
- Logic and Computation - Rewriting Corner
- Discover Internet-of-Things. Springer Nature. Editorial Board member.
- Journal of Automated Reasoning Special Issue on Linearity
- LMCS Special Issue - RTA/TLCA 2015
IFCoLog Advisory Board, EACLS Executive Board, EAPLS Board (General Secretary), EAPLS “Best Dissertation Award” expert committee (co-chair)
Current and former PhD Students:
Abiar Al-Homaimeedi, Fahad Alarifi, Asad Ali, Christophe Calvès, Washington de Carvalho Segundo, Jesus Dominguez Alvarez, Nneka Ene, Elliot Fairweather, Fabien Fleutot, Jenjira Jaimunk, Lionel Khalil, Olivier Namet, Daniele Nantes, Ana Cristina Rocha Oliveira, Nikolaos Siafakas, Francois-Régis Sinot, Jeffrey Terrell, Janos Varga, Matthew Walker.