See the new Europe-CA exchange program
The Collaborative student training in Quantum Information Processing project is part of the EU-Canada Cooperation Programme in Higher Education, Training and Youth (2006-2013).
The project started in October 2008 for a period of 3 years.
The project will formally initiate student and faculty exchange across several Canadian and EU institutions which have a strong research effort in quantum information processing (QIP). The project will consolidate and expand existing collaborations so as to provide a larger pool of talented students access to expertise available beyond their home institutions and get credit for this international experience. The project will also provide a platform for developing a standardized suite of courses dedicated to the rapidly developing field of QIP.
The following institutions with respective local contacts are part of the project:
- Université Paris-Sud and Ecole Polytechnique (France): Iordanis Kerenidis, Frédéric Magniez
- Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (Germany): Gerd Leuchs
- University of Innsbruck (Austria): Gregor Weihs
- University of Calgary (Alberta): Barry Sanders
- University of Waterloo (Ontario): Raymond Laflamme, Norbert Lütkenhaus, Ashwin Nayak